3. Setting up Integrations
Now that you’ve connected to Arlo, it’s time to link your Arlo events and online activities to LearnDash courses and groups. We do this by setting up Integrations.
- Head to the Integrations tab within the Arlo and LearnDash Integration settings and choose New integration
- A new section will appear that allows you to configure this integration. On the left hand side, you can select the Online activity or Event in Arlo that you want to link to your LearnDash content.
- On the right hand side you can choose whether you want any users from Arlo to be added a LearnDash course or a LearnDash group. Depending on your choice, you can select from a dropdown of available courses and groups.
- Next to the LearnDash settings you will find some options for this integration. You can choose whether or not you want this integration to actively add new users.You can also choose whether or not you want the Arlo completion status to be updated when the learner completes their content. If the learners are integrated with a course, this would mark them as complete after completing the LearnDash group. If the learners are integrated with a group, this would mark them as complete after the learner completes all of the courses in their group
- If you choose to enable the “Update Arlo grade when the learner completes a specific quiz.” option, you’ll see some new fields appear. From here you can select one of your LearnDash quizzes and whenever a learner from Arlo completes it their percentage score will be passed back to Arlo and recorded as a grade in their Event/Elearning registration. You can choose whether you want the plugin to pass the learner’s most recently achieved quiz score, or the highest score they have ever achieved each time they complete it.
- Once selected, click Save Changes to create your new Integration
- Once an Integration has been created, the system will check for new users in each every 5 minutes. However to save on system resources it will only pull in recently registered users. To import all historical users from an Arlo online activity or event, click on the Import historical users button. Be aware that this may take a while, particularly if your event has lots of registrants